Wednesday, December 15, 2004

I work too hard

So, as per the instructions of my supervisor ...I have been EXTREMELY lazy of late. Since I don't have time to start a new project before my contract runs out I am supposed to:
Make the work I have left to do last until I leave
Not finish the "crappier" jobs since technically I don't HAVE to do them, instead leave them for the new surveyor to do
The problem? I work too hard, I am too efficient. I don't know how to work slowly ... So I waste time in between each task ...I drink gallons of Diet Coke, I read everyone and their brother's 'Blog, I post to my 'Blog, I check my e-mail 50,000 times. I am getting worried ... I am down to the crappy work (for the most part) and even at my slowest ... That wont last the rest of the week. Piss, if they had just renewed my FREAKING contract ... I could be working on a new project right now. Instead I am going to do crappy work, writing up instructions for everyone who does this work in the future (since, at this point, I'm the only person who knows just how to do it), filing (I hate filing ... It is so hard on my cuticles, purging documents ... And that STILL wont take me through the rest of my time here ... Hell if I was working full speed ... It wouldn't take me the afternoon.
I just processed Document (officially numbered)13,000 that I have handled since May ... not including other projects.

7 Comments:

Blogger Finite said...

Obviously I need to write more disconcerting and objectionable blog post so you can get worked up over them and be distracted from work.

11:33 AM  
Blogger TheAmber said...

Clearly you do. Wait ... what kind of "objectionable" and "disconcerting" are we talking about?

The good kind or the bad kind?

11:41 AM  
Blogger Finite said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Finite said...

shit, didn't mean to do that.

what is the difference? Do you mean the embarassing kind or the kind that result in you repeatedly calling my cell trying to figure out if I'm dead or not?

12:02 PM  
Blogger TheAmber said...

Bad kind = I am left wondering if you , or anyone else, is dead or in jail. The bad kind kick me into Jewish Mother Overdrive with all the tongue clucking and hand wringing.
As far as embarrassing, I don't embarrass easily ...(ex. halfway through writing this I decided I had to pee, walking to the bathroom I see my boss ...so he and I do the "Slow motion lovers" run at each other ... past not just other offices ...but a conference room occupied with god knows who that had both it's doors open. Walking normally past the door on my way back I looked in and winked at the occupants ... then proceeded to the restroom.) I am pretty sure you would be embarrassed before you embarrassed me.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Finite said...

Want to bet?

12:16 PM  
Blogger Harvy said...

See, I just had the opposit problem today. I had a deadline and kept procrastinating until it was right up on my ass. Ah the joys of being a student. Hint, hint(Dave told me to say that, he said I would get extra credit). Oh, and have you read my blog? Just to make it more interesting I am not going to tell you where it is. So now you have to search for it. See if that keeps you interested for an hour or two. Oh, and if you find my old blog, let me know... I seem to have misplaced it over the semester.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home