Thursday, December 09, 2004

Secrets don't make friends

Everyone is crying and an era is ending ... Can you believe I came back here for some fucking stability? I hate enigmatic 'blog posts (Mr. Nunn) ... But in this case I'm bonded and legally liable if I talk too soon.

I really do have a good Poker face. Years of keeping secrets ... Secrets so secret that no one is even supposed to know that there is anything to know ... This time it is not that bad. The really bad stuff, the stuff no one is supposed to know ... Ever ... Somehow that stuff is easier to keep. That stuff I will take to my grave. The 'not-so-bad' stuff is harder to keep ... I don't know why. And of course keeping everyone else's secrets makes me a bit chatty about my own stuff. It is like I only have room for so many secrets ... And I know I can't tell OTHER people's secrets so I share my own because I couldn't possibly hold on to it all.

7 Comments:

Blogger Finite said...

You know I'll explain it to you (you know I trust you)...I just don't always write everything out on my blog because it is too public...and I'm not a good enough writer to put my feelings in words. So, can I give you a call tonight?

11:38 AM  
Blogger TheAmber said...

You can always call me. You never need to ask. ... If you don't want to you don't have to explain ... it was a general sort of jab ... On your 'Blog and the Beat 'Blog you are always vague. You tease and taunt.

11:49 AM  
Blogger TheAmber said...

1. I understand that sentiment. I only made the jab because you too often incite me to needless worry. Don't tease.
2. As far as putting your feelings into words ...Say what you want, how you want, when you want. It is how you feel and it doesn't have to be perfect, or pretty, or even make sense. You are not going to be graded and if people judge you ... Fuck 'em. Fuck them right in the ear. Look at my nonsensical prose. I leave all thoughts of eloquence at the door when I come in here. People come here for the Amber Babble.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Finite said...

I do what I can when I can. But yes, friends ought to be honest...maybe this is why I refuse to get into the silly truthquiz (no dis) but your friends should be honest regardless. so, just to encourage happy feelings I'm going to end with a smiley... :o)

3:12 PM  
Blogger TheAmber said...

*Alarm* I'm not insulted by your truth quiz comment. They are silly. Very silly.
I am a bit ... Put off by the honesty comment. Honesty is a tricky thing. There is a reason the term "Brutal Honesty" exists. The unadorned truth can be a horrible thing ... And if you are going to ask questions you have to be CERTAIN you want the answers ... That is part of the appeal of the Truth Quiz. Because responses are anonymous ... I can ask questions I want to ask, but I am not sure I want the answers to. Asking them in such a 3rd party format is easier than asking them in a way that requires person to person contact with the respondents. If I get an answer I don't like I never have to know who really thinks that of me ... But I get the benefit of being able to improve on a flaw I may not have realized I had.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Finite said...

Alright, nevermind the silly truthquiz jab. Shit, I really do suck at writing.

3:47 PM  
Blogger TheAmber said...

Ever think maybe I suck at reading?

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home