Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Every type of work has its own language.

Sometimes the things that I say freak me out. My boss came wandering out of his office and asked me if there had just been someone in the office ... To which I responded "Yeah, a surveyor. He had an old copy of what looked like an MSA CSM from ROD but there was no CSM number and we checked the unrecorded file but it wasn't there and it wasn't misfiled with the plats so I sent them down 33 to MSA. Weird thing is the guy said there were irons and it is a '78."

Huh?

4 Comments:

Blogger Di said...

Amber,
I definitely remember your TV watching positions at AZD. Remember Fern and my "sexy dance" aka Siu Lim Tao? Man, you me Fern and Soph had some LAZY ASS Sunday morning in the AZD library.
And as for work vocabulary, I remember my first three days in the Sex Assault Unit learning how to talk the talk. Not fun.

2:23 PM  
Blogger TheAmber said...

OK, you win. I will stop bitching about my Land Records talk ... I would much rather talk Land Records than Sexual Assult. ;)

Yes, I fondly remember days spent napping on the floor because we were too lazy to go up to our beds ... ordering pizza from cell phones because we would have to get up to get the real phone ... making other people answer the phone that was IN THE ROOM with us because we wouldn't move ... hours of the "Style Network"

You be careful with rough guys like Connor... teach him who is boss!

2:38 PM  
Blogger TheAmber said...

Addendum:
Overheard in my office located in Baraboo
"Are you in Reedsburg?"
"No. I'm in Delton"
"Sally is in Bear Creek"
"Nope, no one here is in Reedsburg."

3:35 PM  
Blogger Di said...

I was JUST THINKING about how lazy we were.. ordering pizza from our cells, right, and making other people answer the door or the phone. God. I loved those days.

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home