Sunday, December 05, 2004

Mental clearing house. EVERYTHING MUST GO!

I hate Microsoft Word. Being the strange creature I am I prefer Lotus. (I also type one handed, but with excellent accuracy and decent speed) My parents are eating something that smells exactly like Jelly Belly’s Buttered Popcorn jellybeans taste.

Last night I went to the bar. It was Karaoke Night. Remember kids, when you sing Karaoke you hurt EVERYONE but yourself. (No I did NOT sing) So between trying to kill the pain of listening to other patrons and drink specials I got pretty lit. Poor Lee. I need to let that boy sleep sometimes.

Whenever I sit with a cigarette in the corner of my mouth and my knees apart in my familiar and comfortable slouch I flash back to this summer. I was sitting in just that position … blowing smoke out my nose and the corner of my mouth not occupied by my cigarette … I had a tag on the waistband of my pants that was making me itch so I had my hand in the waist of my pants (being too lazy to get up and change) Jen turned to me and started laughing “It looks so stupid when women do that!” she gestured at me. I shrugged and returned my attention to the episode of Law and Order. She was lying on the couch in her underwear and a t-shirt, and so was in no place to be giving posture and fashion critiques. This summer we lived like college boys … constantly surrounded by a sea of beer bottles and cans, overflowing ashtrays, piles of clothes, plates and bowls of half eaten food, empty food containers, cups of days old coffee, and scattered CDs. Mornings we would get up, make coffee, root through the mess for something to wear to work never speaking. (We knew ourselves and each other well enough to know that morning conversation is an unwelcome intrusion into one’s ‘start of the day rage.’) There comes a point when the filth becomes a source of pride.

I miss Bob. Not soulless, evil, lawyer Bob, but Bob. I am sure he is in the thick of his evil lawyer persona right now with finals coming on … but I want to talk to him after he reclaims his rightful personality because, like I said, I miss him.

My ex-whatever Matt asked me to move away with him, my ex-boyfriend John has done the same. John is upset by the Bush win and wants to move to Canada, Matt is upset because his plan to make everyone hate him, as penance for a life too easily lived, has worked too well.

5 Comments:

Blogger Finite said...

Can't think of anyone else I would rather waste a perfectly good night of sleep on other than you.

Besides, I can think of worse things than staying up all night talking to you...like staying up all night talking to Scott, which would be depressing...and stupid.

5:35 PM  
Blogger TheAmber said...

Sugar, you are too good to me. I swear on a pile of Kamel Red Light Cigarettes and Jonny Walker Blue bottles I will try my damnest not to do that to you on a school night. (I considered just saying I wont do it but ... you never know ... the world is a strange place but you can consider it pretty much a promise that I wont keep you up on a school night)

5:52 PM  
Blogger Finite said...

Don't worry about, Silly. Hell, I'll be done with classes tuesday afternoon and then promptly getting drunk off my ass.

5:59 PM  
Blogger TheAmber said...

be sure to give me a ring!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Will said...

The beauty of Japanese karaoke is that you get private rooms.

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home