Wednesday, December 01, 2004

I am an angry young woman, but you already knew that

While it is true that my bad attitude is exacerbated by the whole cell phone issue. ...Fucking asshole little old surveyor man! This is the little old surveyor who likes to call Kelly, Sally, and I Ted's three secretaries. .... Of the three of us I'm the only "Secretary" in the place. But of course that can't be true because unless Kelly and Sally are secretaries ... They are doing men's work. You can't trust something as important as mapping to women because it might stress their fragile little minds. ... But that was all previous encounters with shitty little old surveyor man. Today he walks in and interrupts me (I had been previously actually doing work) and says I want Plat of Survey number 9986. So I say O.K. And return to my work since it is NOT MY FUCKING JOB to do research for surveyors. I do it for the public who doesn't know a Harrison Monument from their asshole ... But a surveyor should be perfectly capable of pulling the correct binder and making a fucking photocopy. I don't even mind running the big plotter/copier for the surveyors since they are often scared they will mess it up. But DON'T YOU DARE, AS A REGISTERED LAND SURVEYOR, JUST STAND THERE AND DEMAND I PULL A SURVEY FOR YOU. So he just stares at me and says. "Hello! I need POS 9986." So I reply "I guess I'll pull that for you then." So I pull the right book open it to the right page and go to return to my work and he says "I need a copy." Fine. I stop what I'm doing AGAIN and make the photocopy. He reminds me that I need to copy both sides of the document because there is information on both sides. No shit? Really ... Those squiggle marks are ... Words you say? Huh. I don't know much about no words. ... And it would have been one thing if he just thought that was what was due to surveyors ... But other surveyors were running in and out doing all the things he was demanding I do for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home