Thursday, January 20, 2005

Nothing to lose

I am steeling myself for beatings and yelling, but here it is.
I have agreed that if MMA doesn’t want me I will take one week to job hunt in Hillsdale. Even now, before this is officially posted I can hear the anguished cries of “AMBER! NO!” … but sit with me a moment and clear your mind for my logic in this.

I got a phone call last night from Heidi Morris saying the apartment above her, Luke and Tyrian is available and I should return to the ‘Dale. I immediately said no and went about my business. Today I got emails from Heidi, Jane and Scott reiterating that I should return to the ‘Dale. The job market is good and cost of living there is lower than Baraboo. Still I said no. Then as I went out in the snow to buy my herbs for my snake oil I began thinking about what prompted my answer of no. Long before I was dating Lee, Scott and I had talked about the possibility of me moving back to Hillsdale once my county contract ended. I realized I was saying no, not because I so dislike the idea of living and working in Hillsdale, close to my friends (whom I consider family), but because I didn’t want to move to Hillsdale to be with Lee (as in, my sole reason for going to Hillsdale is to be close to my new boyfriend) then I realized that Lee ISN’T my reason for a possible return to Hillsdale … all of the same reasons I had in September for possibly returning to the ‘Dale for a short time* (Low cost of living, expanding job market, close proximity to my friends) were still there … with the added benefit of close proximity to my new boyfriend. So I decided that I will spend a week in Hillsdale looking for a job … if I find one GREAT! I can move to Hillsdale and enjoy all of the afore mentioned benefits. If I don’t find a job FINE! I can return to Baraboo no worse for the attempt.

Now, with that understood … you may commence yelling at me.

*Read no more than a year or two

3 Comments:

Blogger Di said...

Amber - NO! Don't even THINK about it. GET A GRIP. Didn't we AGREE in some intensely honest Union conversation once that we would never, ever return to Hillsdale? Don't become one of THEM.

Please. If YOU for God's sake move back to Hillsdale, I don't know what will happen to my worldview. If YOU move back, that means *I* could possibly find myself wanting to move back, too. Just don't.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Finite said...

*rolling eyes*

2:25 PM  
Blogger TheAmber said...

Di,
I knew that was coming ... but I must say that I don't see the 'Dale as that different from the 'Boo. As I have said previously ... I have grown tired. For a little while I want to possibly try the path of least resistance. I want to sit back and watch what life hands me. Note ... I didn't say that I am definitely moving back to the 'Dale ... I said I would give it a shot if the Missouri Military Acadamy thing doesn't work out. I am also willing to give it a try because refusing to do so out of snobbishness and fear isn't fair to me or anyone I love. Your objection is noted. I shall take it into consideration. And remember, my actions are not a direct refection on you ... I never signed up to be a role model.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home