Thursday, November 10, 2005

THINGS THAT ARE SWEET

Hillsdale, MI in the news.

"I'm trying to set up a board of advisers" that will include a former mayor and leaders from Hillsdale College, which he hopes to attend next fall.

WOW the big muckety mucks at Hillsdale College must be shitting themselves. Mostly with joy, but with a little fear too.

I mean having the Mayor of Hillsdale Attending the school while in office has great potential to be a boon for the college. BUT as a student at Hillsdale the newly elected mayor will have a different perspective on the relationship between the college and the town. Most HC students and graduates I know take issue with the college's policy toward the town, and they don't have the kind of long term vested interest in the Town of Hillsdale that the mayor should.

Hee hee. What if he falls in with a "bad crowd" possibly one that, mayhaps thinks that the College's wicked, usurping reign over the town should end? Or worse yet (for the citizens of Hillsdale), actually falls in with a bad crowd?*


* I am actually not claiming that any of the individuals involved with any of the above links have ever offered opinions to me about anything. Ever. I am simply taking a guess at what I believe might be their positions on HC policy toward the town of Hillsdale. I could be wrong.

4 Comments:

Blogger Finite said...

I'm not too worried. He is a Democrat and actually is already butting heads with the college...apparently he ain't too eager on getting a "retirement community" run by the college.

12:37 PM  
Blogger TheAmber said...

That is what I figured. I almost used you guys as the link for what the College would consider to be a "bad crowd" but instead decided that it migt be better to use Bob.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Daniel Silliman said...

yeah, he's a dem. which makes it a little complicated for the school. I mean is Cap'n gonna be touting a democratic rising political star as an example of how great HC is?

And, like Lee said, apparently he's p-lanning going after the college about the non-profit status and free city services of the old folks home.

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why didn't this happen when I was attending Hillsdale?!?
I could have ruled the city from the Union! You would have been the Mayorial Chef!

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home