Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Thank you Daniel Silliman

for yet another lovely post. For me A Sense of Place served to remind me to not be so doggedly rooted at the tender age of 24 and helped (even if only momentarily) me shake the persistent and all too linear view of my future that was causing my job hunt to stagnate. I was, I now admit, more than a little afraid of making any sudden moves. My fear was that if I made a change as significant as location I would permanently alter (and not for the better) that thing in my life I cherish most. Something inside me was telling me that if I changed anything I would lose my love. I was stuck, not even breathing, out of fear. Such foolishness does not become me. Moreover it is not who I am and by stagnating I was becoming a person very different from the one my love loves. I too can take “home” with me.

25 days

4 Comments:

Blogger Dave F. said...

"The worst part about growing old is remembering when you were young."

-Richard Farnsworth,
"The Straight Story

5:31 AM  
Blogger Di said...

Whew! Amber, at least SOMEONE in your life knows how to give proper advice ;)

6:16 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

Twenty-four is a tender age, its something like five years under the AVERAGE age of first (male) marriage in America, too young to be president, etc. Hell its barely old enough to drink legally.

And, I agree with Di, its a good thing that Silliman blogs...

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Amber. Very much appreciated.

-Daniel Silliman

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home