Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Then I watched TV...

Lately my dreams have been really lame. I used to have fun dreams. They had interesting plots or were crazy out-there trippy. I had murder mystery dreams, adventures, love stories, drama, intrigue... My dreams were always fascinating (at least to me) and I would replay what I could remember of them in my head all day when I got bored. Better than TV. I would patch and build on my dream plots until I had an interesting story with a nice even flow. It was wonderful and a large part of the reason I have always been happy just to sit quietly and do 'nothing.'

Last night I had what is probably the most exciting dream I have had in a long time. I dreamt that I went to work and as I was taking off my Pea coat I reached in my pocket and found enough change to buy a bag of chips from the vending machine. I bought the chips. They were original Lays.

Also, probably as an outgrowth of the whole nihilistic, fatalistic, overworked, end of the semester attitude that seems to be hip with the kids today I am having trouble resisting the urge to be mean. I as I was reading poor Ryan's 'blog I saw "5. Only October (song about leaving the ones you love. Past: Grandfather died Present: Away from my immediate family; Future: missing wife and kids)" Now, PLEASE understand I love Ryan's music. This song will probably even make me cry. But there is a warped and rather cruel part of me that wants to respond, "Missing your future wife and kids? Who says you will have any? You might just die alone. Totally alone." Rather mean, no? I don't really doubt that Ryan will have a lovely (if diminutive) family someday. I just had this almost overwhelming urge to be a jerk. Hmm now Jewish Mother is kicking in and I am trying to think of lovely young ladies I could set him up with.

Christmas shopping is (thankfully) done. All I have left is the wrapping and shipping. HURRAH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home