Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Here you go

Here is the promised picture. And per Di's request I shall tell the story of how I came to be engaged.

One night after work, while Lee was visiting, I came home, changed into my PJs and sat down with a beer to watch TV. Lee said, "Hey, would you like some wine?" I said, "O.K." knowing that he had purchased a decent merlot for us and figuring he was in the mood for wine instead of beer. Then he said "Wait! I think I have something better." and handed me a Dom Perignon box saying "open it." I looked at the box, thinking that he had stored a nice bottle of wine in the Dom box for safe keeping on the trip up from KY. I tried to open it but couldn't get the seal up so I handed it to him and said "Its sealed you ass." So Lee opened the box and inside, tied to the neck of the bottle of Dom with a ribbon was my engagement ring. Lee got on one knee and asked, "Will you marry me?" and I replied, "Of course!" and immidiately started fretting that, while it is funny, I was quite rude and I don't come off looking very nice for having called him an ass moments before he proposed.

So there is is, the story of my engagement.

2 Comments:

Blogger Finite said...

Haha! I thought it was cute.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Di said...

Amber that IS really cute! Because it's you and it's natural and obviously you guys are comfortable enough with each other that you can call him an ass and he thinks it's cute.

DEFINITELY a good match...

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home